Wednesday, May 30, 2007

End-of-the-Quarter Sprint

(Post #493)

I did not expect to be done with that paper--the ten-page single-spaced group paper that I had to write half of and had barely a page as of two hours ago--already. I don't even think it's nearly as crappy as you'd expect of a paper written so quickly. The assignment was basically to write a narrative of my experience using a certain database, and if there's anything I know how to throw together last minute, it's narrative. Perhaps it doesn't have quite the finesse I'd like and could achieve with another draft or two, but it does its job, and that's the important thing.

The other important thing is that it appears, against all odds, that I will be going to bed on time tonight and getting eight (crossing my fingers) hours of sleep before getting up and heading out for another fifteen-hour day tomorrow. And tomorrow is the last day of the quarter, and I only have two papers to write in the next week. Except those both require actual research (which I've yet to do), so I should probably not wait until the last minute to start them.

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Ummmmm.

Didn't you1 tell all your profs about this source of meaculpas?

Tolkien Boy said...

I have to do so much writing in the next seven days.

I'm kind of overwhelmed by how little I care. It's tiring to have so much apathy.