Monday, February 26, 2007

God

I read the following in an application this morning:

"I never thought I could be close to God because I am gay."

I know a lot of people who have expressed similar sentiments, but I honestly can't say I relate. While many things have changed and continue to change regarding my feelings about religion and sexuality, the one constant has always been a God who loves me and accepts me for who I am. If God didn't approve of homosexuality, then of course he would make a way for me to not be gay; if experience showed me that there was no way for me to not be gay, then obviously God loved me as I was because I have never been able to conceive of a supreme being who is anything other than loving and accepting of his creations.

I suppose I have my upbringing to thank for this. Thank you, upbringing.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen!

Christian said...

Amen and a witness!

Th. said...

.

I always want to make jokes about sandwiches at the most inappropriate times. I'm sorry.

B.G. Christensen said...

I wasn't aware that there was ever an inappropriate time for a sandwich joke.