Monday, August 21, 2006

Blog Party IV
(because it worked so well for Superman and Jaws)

The time has come, my friends, for the last Fob blog party in Utah. So unless you want to drive to Seattle for the next one (or even if you do), plan on coming to the Fobcave on Labor Day Monday, September 4th, between 5 and 8pm. If you don't know where the Fobcave is, email me for directions. We will provide pizza and paper goods. Please sign up in the comments section to bring:
  • drinks
  • fruits or veggies
  • salad
  • dessert
  • other
And while you're at it, please bring boxes, as we'll be moving five days later. FoxyJ suggests that we have a raffle that evening to give away refrigerator items, including such fabulous foodstuffs as:
  • a four-year-old bottle of A1
  • freezer-burned hot dog buns
  • one pound of frozen yeast
  • three half-used bottles of Hersheys syrup (two chocolate and one strawberry)
  • a very large jar of dill pickles
If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. See you on Labor Day.

12 comments:

Samantha said...

If you put them on e-bay, I'll bid on the pickles, and possibly the yeast. I understand it's a living organism, in stasis in the freezer, and I always wanted a pet.

Have fun at the party. I'm sure you'll miss my amazing intellect and scintillating charm--except you've never met me, and I could be lying about my personality...

Katria said...

I'd say that I'll mark my calander, but it's sort of in a box right now that happens to be taped closed. Assuming I'm done unpacking, I'll give you guys some of my boxes. I don't have very many, though.

Katria said...

P.S. I sent an email and will bring.. something edible. I don't know yet.

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Wohoo! Can I bring Rolo Brownies?

Thirdmango said...

I'll be there, and I've got boxes.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind having some frozen yeast. Useful stuff for general bread baking.

Still need to ask Veng about this, but my current plan is that we will be attending. Once I know for sure, I will post what we will bring.

svoid said...

I'll be there. I saved all my boxes from when I last moved so, assuming that they aren't all warped, there should be plenty for you. Can I offer to contribute to the pizza instead of bringing a side?

Th. said...

.

Do you have to be present to win?

Samantha said...

Kirsa--I though I had dibs on the yeast!!

Anonymous said...

I mentioned at ambrosia's last shindig about a week ago that I would love you meet you and foxyj sometime. She brought up the fact that you throw blog parties and I could go to one of those. In the past, I've been too chicken because I feel like you hardly know me. I read your blog, but I hardly ever comment, and I've never met you in real life before.

Then, less than a week later, here's an invitation making it very clear that those are stupid excuses. I will see if we can make it. Um, and I'll make up my mind on the foodstuffs we will bring in a while (I'm green, you know).

Th. said...

.

So bring spinach. Easy.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean drive to Seattle for the next one. Are you moving?