Friday, October 27, 2006

De-nymmed (another post in which I metablog)

Though it was a mere six posts ago that I referred to the fact that my real name does not appear on my blog, observant readers will notice this is no longer the case. Yes, the posts will still say "Posted by Master Fob" and that's how I'll appear when I comment elsewhere, but I told my profile to show my real name, which puts it up in the top right corner here. See? Over there -->

I would like to say that this is a moral decision based on my belief in transparency and honesty, but really it's an economic decision. After a discussion with Th. this evening about how our blogs relate to our writing careers, I've decided that if I want my blog to be a more serious writing endeavor, and I eventually want potential readers and editors and publishers to connect my blog to my name, I'm going to have to actually put it on here.

So this is it. The kid gloves are off. Henceforth, all posts will be serious literary works. No more references to rubber pants, He-Man, or poop. Expect to see here only high-brow, high-culture, high-caliber, high-faluting (notice the preservation of the terminating velarized nasal) essays on such important subjects as world peace, global warming, and international basketweaving. Also expect to see many repetitions of the phrase "Ben Christensen is a sexy beast," so as to lead Googlers searching for those terms here.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Ummmm...I can't read your blog anymore if it becomes intellectual. That's too much work. I especially have difficulty reading about the ultimate sacrifices and huge responsibilities carried by the basketweavers--turns my guts inside out. It's best just to avoid it...

However, as I often google the words "sexy" and "beast" (sometimes together), you may see me wandering over occasionally, just to find out if there's any smut worth reading.

Samantha said...

P.S. When you do the "sexy beast" thing, please include pictures.

Christian said...

For the record, when I googled "Ben Christensen is a sexy beast" just now, it did not bring me to this page. It didn't even take me to your blog, though I thought it was. No, it took me here.

He is not you.

Samantha said...

Edgy: Are you sure that's not him?? It looks like him...that weapon thing is SOOOOO him.

I think it's him.

B.G. Christensen said...

Well, he is an English teacher, and interested in writing. And surfing--everyone knows that people from Hawaii surf. I'm not sure. He might be me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your aspirations. So, how's the blog advertising revenue coming, by the way?

The other you spells like me: wrong.

Th. said...

.

You know, I just about threw out all my links after our chat last night and I did do something, the beta of which will be announced on my blog Monday.

Watch out!

Tolkien Boy said...

You'll never make it.

I'm betting against you.

(All, of course, in the spirit of love.)