Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The New New Job

Not instead of the old new job, but rather in addition.

Yesterday I interviewed for a job at a high-end gift shop in University Village and today I started work. As it turns out, my immediate supervisor at the new new job is a coworker at the old new job. I think this is one of the factors that got me the job, along with the fact that I have missionary experience, which is sort of like sales experience, and that I'm a guy, which makes me a sort of novelty at this kind of store. The main selling points for me were that
  • it is less than a five-minute walk from my back door;
  • it is seasonal, which means come January I can get another job that is more library-related (or Foxy J can get a job);
  • it pays enough to, in addition to my old new job, cover the rent and other necessities;
  • they actually called back.
All in all, not a bad deal.

4 comments:

Melyngoch said...

Does this mean you can get me sweet deals on things like automated titanium corkscrews at Christmas?

B.G. Christensen said...

Probably not, but I can get you a really cool-looking martini glass, which I can now distinguish from a wine goblet, a tumbler, or the other one whose name I can't remember at the moment.

Anonymous said...

How far is the commute to work? Are you in the U District?

Also if your looking for info on whats going on in seattle check out my blog
www.alexgarciainseattle.com or www.myspace.com/alexgarcia

Th. said...

.

I'm at Berkeley's University Village right now, as I type, and it's a dump. No high-end nuthin.