Monday, January 30, 2006

To Anyone Who Received Long Emails From Me Last Week

I would just like you to know that I wrote said long emails as a guilty pleasure, at the expense of the 41 student papers that needed to be graded. I don't regret these guilty pleasures, though, because:

a. Obviously, I value electronic sociality more than I value returning student papers in a timely fashion.
b. Even with my inefficiency all week, I was hugely efficient yesterday and managed to finish grading the papers and return them today, only a week after they were turned in. And I even had time to hang out with a couple of wonderful new friends last night.

To Anyone Who Didn't Receive a Long Email From Me Last Week:
I'm sure I love you anyway.

7 comments:

Christian said...

One should never return student papers within a week. Unrealistic expectations. Now you're screwed when they write longer papers at the end of the semester and they still expect quick turnaround.

And how do I know if you sent me long e-mails? What constitutes "long"? Did I just get short ones? And were they sent willfully or begrudgingly? These are all important things for me to know so that I can assess Fobby's love for me.

Perhaps word verification says it all: yprvohrk.

Cricket said...

sure, sure

Anonymous said...

Well, further thanks then. For emails and hanging out with us both. You guys rock.

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that the above sentence refused to be corrected of ambiguity, despite my best efforts.

Version 1: For both emails and hanging out with us.

Version 2: See above.

What I meant: Both for emails and hanging out with us.

Ahhh. There we go.

J

Earth Sign Mama said...

Because I am such an egotist about my writing, I once tracked down a teacher at Oxnard Community College to get back a paper about Kate Chopin that I'd written and he'd never returned. We went to his office and there was a GIGANTiC pile of papers halfway up the wall from the surface of his desk in seemingly random order. (really, I could not discern any stacks) Amazingly enough, he found mine. It was corrected. But I don't know if he ever atually returned anyone's papers from that class...

B.G. Christensen said...

Edgy--Word verification does say it all, as it usually does.

B.G. Christensen said...

Oh, and Fobby has unconditional love for everyone.