Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Should Complain More Often


Today one of my good friends at work told me she read my essays last night. She really liked them, and told me I'm very brave. We talked for quite a while about the essays and how even though she's not gay, as a 30-year-old single woman, she relates to a lot of the things I talk about, like the fear of never having something that at least part of you really wants. I was flattered and happy to know that she cared enough to read it.

AND "Take It Easy" by the Fugees premiered tonight on an NYC radio show. The file I just downloaded is taped off the show so it's not a high-quality recording, but it's very tingly to hear Lauryn, Clef, and Pras all on the same song, and even more to hear L flowing over a strong hip-hop beat, after a few years of hearing her mostly singing on unplugged-style acoustic tracks. And she sounds happy, which is cool because she's seemed kind of grumpy and stand-offish for a couple years now.

And now I can go to bed with a smile on my face. After I figure out a lesson plan for tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Seth Hill said...

Oooooo. OOoooooo. How do I get my hands on that new Fugees track??? Does it sound like Doo Wop (That Thing)??? Please say yes.

JB said...

Cool picture! I love Lauryn Hill. . . :sigh:

Tolkien Boy said...

You should complain more.