Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nine Things (Not a Meme)

  1. New favorite candy bar: 100 Grand
  2. New favorite sitcom: Aliens in America
  3. New favorite Spanish word: defenestrar "to throw [someone] out the window"
  4. Grade on the first paper I've written in Spanish in more than four years, which took me ten hours to write ten pages: 10/10
  5. Favorite new Blogger feature: the "Email follow-up comments to" check box--it stuffs my inbox, thus making me feel loved
  6. Most recently lost possession: wedding band
  7. Most expensive lost possession: wedding band
  8. Favorite birthday gift: an afternoon nap (thanks, Foxy)
  9. Justification for letting my four-year-old daughter watch such violent shows as Batman, Justice League, and Teen Titans: this article

7 comments:

Julie said...

You lost your ring? Yikes, at lest bands are less than diamonds. I have lost my ring a couple of times and literally miraculously got it back each time, including a time Emily took it to a park in her pocket, lost it there, and than several weeks later a woman found it, saw the sign I posted and returned it to me!

Samantha said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!

That has been my favorite Spanish word for a long time--but no one else seems to like it.

I'm so happy you do, too.

:)

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

Happy Birthday (three days ago) fellow Scorpio! Hope you had a great birthday!

Earth Sign Mama said...

I once knew a 14 year old girl whose favorite word was "defenestrate" --the English version of that Latin based verb. She just loved saying it. It is a pretty cool word. And it isn't so much that tv is bad, it's that watching it in lieu of playing or reading or sleeping is bad.

Chris said...

Defenestrate is one of my favorite English words.

I served my mission in the Czech Republic. Czech history has seen a number of famous defenestrations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague

Chris said...

Sorry, I'm no good with html coding for URL links...

Braden said...

Yeah, that checkbox is hot.