- FoxyJ, who has filled the role of Supermom superbly, both before, during, and after the move, despite the fatigue of being two months pregnant. When she and I do difficult things together, I'm reminded of what a good team we make.
- S-Boogie and Little Dude, who remain lovable as ever, despite how frustrating they can be sometimes.
- My sister L, who did the footwork of househunting for us so we could just get here and unload the truck into our nice new home.
- My mother-in-law, Earth Sign Mama, who flew out to Davis, helped us pack, helped FoxyJ drive across Nevada, and helped us unpack here before flying back home on Monday.
- The elders quorum in Davis, who helped us load a 16' truck in about 45 minutes.
- The relief society in Davis, who helped us get our apartment cleaned a good hour and a half ahead of schedule.
- My mom, two sisters, brother, brother-in-law, and my sister's boyfriend who I'd never met before, who all were ready to unload the truck as soon as we got here.
- Green Mormon Architect and family, who stopped by to help while we were unpacking on Saturday.
- Edgy and Dec (or is his blogonym now Flameman?), who would have helped, had I arrived two hours earlier, as I intended to.
- My brother-in-law L, who showed up Monday morning to mow our overgrown lawn.
- Tolkien Boy, Brozy, Samantha, and all the other friends and family we've seen and/or will see soon, reminding us of why we moved back to Utah.
- My boss, who said a couple weeks ago, "Hey, I heard you were looking for a full-time job. Do you want to work full-time for us?"
Friday, June 19, 2009
I Like People
I often get frustrated with people, either because of their stupidity or my own lack of social skills, and declare that I want nothing to do with the human race. This past week, though, I've felt rather fond of our little species. Following is a list of people for whose existence I have been grateful this past week (if you're not on the list, I think you should ask yourself, to paraphrase Janet Jackson, "What have you done for Ben lately?"):