Sunday, September 23, 2007

Meet the Newest Fobs!

The observant among you will notice that I've updated my sidebar. There are new honorary fobs on the list and a few honorary fobs who have dropped off the list. Remember the rules, folks: comment at least once a month if you want to be on the list. There's no room here for fobs who don't pull their weight--this blog doesn't comment on itself! (And by the way, I've tried not to link to anyone who doesn't have their blog listed on their Blogger profile, even if I know your secret link; if I've accidentally linked to someone who doesn't want to be linked to, just let me know.)

The especially observant among you will notice that one honorary fob has moved up on the sidebar to Fobs by Blood or Marriage. When my brother Svoid started dating Yodame* a while back, I wasn't sure where to put her in my sidebar. I didn't want her to feel like she wasn't welcome in the Fob family, but I also didn't want her to feel like I was prematurely forcing her into the family by the sealing power of the Fobcave sidebar. I opted to list her as an honorary fob because there was technically neither blood nor marriage involved, but I am happy to report that now there are both blood and marriage making Yodame a True Fob. FoxyJ and I were lucky enough to attend Svoid and Yodame's ultra-private (we were the only guests there) wedding ceremony on Cannon Beach last weekend, and Yodame is currently carrying Fob blood in the form of the niece or nephew of mine in her womb. Not only is Cannon Beach one of the most beautiful locations you could possibly choose to have a wedding at, but it is also the place where Goonies was filmed. How can you go wrong with Goonies? At any rate, welcome to the family, Yodame. I hope you enjoy your new place on my sidebar.


(Better pictures are available at Svoid's blog, conveniently linked from my sidebar.)

*They both use their real names on their own blogs, but I'm all about preserving secret identities here at the Fobcave... which is why my full name is prominently featured at the top of the sidebar.

6 comments:

Janci said...

Oh hey! I'm an honorary fob! That's awesome!

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Whew! I didn't get kicked off. Also, the beach looks lovely. I miss the beach.

Samantha said...

I'm glad you kept me, because I'm not sure I've commented in the last month. I'm putting you on my google reminders, so I never, never forget a month (except I don't know if there is such a thing as google reminders, but if there was, I would, of course, use it).

Th. said...

.

"
...now there are both blood and marriage...
"

Whew! That must have been some wedding!

Craig said...

I am ashamed to say that my powers of observation have suffered as of late - indeed I had not noticed.

But that's so cool about the beach wedding. It's certainly something I'd consider...

Natalie Gordon said...

Whoo-hoo! I am an honorary fob! And, I must admit, after the great advice I gave you, I've earned it.

Don't die today, either.