Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Deep Thought about Learning Empathy

We usually park in one of two lots--a small lot that's close to our apartment, or a larger lot that's not so close. Whenever we pull up to the small lot and all the spaces are full, we feel bitter and angry. And then it occurred to me this morning: the other people who park there probably feel the same when they pull up and it's full because we're parked there.

So really you'd think that, knowing what it's like for us, they'd be a bit more courteous and just park elsewhere.

3 comments:

Scot said...

"So really you'd think that, knowing what it's like for us, they'd be a bit more courteous and just park elsewhere. "

You should leave them all a note on their windshields explaining their rude behavior.

Sarah said...

The joys of apartment living...I have to admit one of the things I look forward to the most in the future is having my own DRIVEWAY where my friends and I can park!!!

B.G. Christensen said...

Scot--Great idea. Will do.

Sarah--Hooray for a future full of driveways!