- When I had a good English teacher in ninth grade, I decided I wanted to teach English.
- When I had a good physics teacher in eleventh grade, I decided I wanted to teach physics.
- Whenever I read a good comic book I want more than anything to write (and/or draw) comics.
- When I read Maus and Persepolis and Fun Home I wanted more than anything to write a memoir in graphic novel form.
- After I saw Batman Forever I made plans to write and star (as Robin) in the next Batman sequel (and heaven knows it would have been better than Batman & Robin turned out).
- When I had great English professors in college I decided I wanted to be an English professor.
- When I've had great library and information science professors I've briefly considered getting a PhD in LIS--albeit very briefly before discarding the notion as foolishness.
- When I listen to hip hop I want to be a rapper.
- When I saw Scratch, a documentary about turntablism, I wanted to be a turntablist.
- When I see great movies I am overcome by a desire to be an actor.
- When I hear Barack Obama speak I want to be a politician.
- When I read blogs that get enough hits to support their authors off the ad income I want to write amazing blog posts that will gain me fame and fortune.
- When I read young adult novels I want to be a YA novelist.
- When I read Harry Potter I decided to write a multi-part fantasy epic that would rival the Bible in all-time sales.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A Wannabe of All Trades
See if you can spot a pattern: